Monday, November 10, 2008

History of the Apt in SLC

A little bit of History of the Apt in SLC.

David moved in about 7 years ago. David and Marilee met, fell in love and Marilee proceeded to move in a year after David did. Two years after that in 2005 we were married and have continued to stay in the Apt in SLC. We like it, even though it can seem a bit cramped at times. We have done many improvements to it over the years. New outlets, lights, paint, drapes, and fixtures. We put in the Stainless counter/table in the kitchen to have more work and storage space but it can get tricky to have both of us in there at the same time. It is a squeeze to pass eachother in the kitchen. I think that I why let David do most of the cooking, OK if not all, because he does a WAY better job, and I don't get in the way. We repainted the entire kitchen, it was originally supposed to be green on green but the little old man at the paint counter got our cans of green mixed up and gave us the wrong amounts of each green. It did not look right at all. So we went with the lighter green cabinets and white walls. We added the stainless nobs and it turned out to look pretty good. I noticed the other day that it looked like the same color as the lemon grass in my soup at the Thai Resturant we go to. So I started calling it the Lemon Grass Kitchen. You will see lots of shots of our Little Lemon Grass Kitchen on this blog. Hope you like it!

5 comments:

Marie said...

Anxious to see your pictures. Glad you're among the bloggers.

Stephanie said...

Welcome to the blog-o-sphere!

I'm trying to picture your 'lemon grass kitchen'! We need to repaint some areas of our house ... badly.

Allison said...

MadDawg! I'm so glad to be able to see great pictures and hear your stories. I love food, too! Looking forward to some yummy recipes.

Where's the picture of the kitchen?!? Gotta see the Lemon Grass Kitchen now.

Debie said...

Hey JERK!

Thanks for letting me know about this!
Oh wait. I just saw your e-mail.
Awesome you have a blog!
Love,
Debie

Allison said...

Tag! You're it! Go to my blog to see. It's short and simple.

Thanks for playing along!