Sunday, November 23, 2008

Big Ladies Club

I went out last night with the Big Ladies Club to see Twilight. The movie turned out better than I had anticipated. Hair, makeup and costumes fell short but the rest of the movie was good. It makes me want to read the books again.

Let me give you some history on the "Big Ladies Club". This started many years ago with my two Aunts on my fathers side, D & S. They wanted a night out without children or husbands. I am not quite sure how I got into the mix but I am grateful I did. D's oldest daughter was in the stages of opposites, black - white, tall-short, etc. When D told her that she couldn't come because she wasn't old enough to go. Her daughter told her "Oh it is just for big ladies" since she was a little girl. Hence we became the "Big Ladies Club" We have been going to movies and dinner for several years now and have a great time. Seeing movies that husbands and kids don't want to see. Well over the years the "little" girls are all grown up now and "Big Ladies" themselves and are able to join us.

We went to dinner after Twilight and talked about how Edward could tote us around the woods as much as he wanted. That even though we are not sixteen year old girls by any means it still makes us fell young at heart. We reminisced about being teenagers, stories of cars and boys, parents and grandparents, brothers and sisters. We were loud and laughing for about 3 hours at the restaurant. Nothing my family does is quiet since half of us are deaf. The only thing we were missing was two of the ladies. S's youngest and my sister Debie. D moved down to sit next to S in the theater leaving her two daughters and they were jokingly miffed saying "thanks mom I see where we stand" I told them that they were just daughters and that sisters were more important. It came up again at dinner and D said that she gets to see her daughters way more than she does her sister. I said well at least you get to see her. Mine lives too far away. It isn't fair how little I get to see her. But when I do get to visit I enjoy thoroughly! We missed the two ladies greatly. We vowed at the end of dinner to go out again for the new Harry Potter movie unless we can see something coming out better sooner. I guess this means I need to actually read HP and see the movies. I should be able to do that easily by next summer.

1 comment:

Debie said...

I'm so sorry I missed that. I think I've only been to one Big Ladies lunch and I had to take J. with me. That was when he was very little and we took S.'s little boy too. Hopefully I'll be able to come in Feb. for moms retirement. I am totally wearing the gold "Utah Tech" smock.